The FMA Conference has been held annually for over 50 years and is the most respected flood risk management event held in Australia.
The theme of the conference is “Waterways of Success: Developing flood resilience in our communities”, with focus on Australian and international achievements in flood risk management, with practical examples from the Gold Coast’s network of waterways, rivers, creeks, lakes, canals and coastline.
This conference will attract over 350 practitioners with interests in floodplain risk management. Attendees will include Commonwealth, State and Local Government representatives, research organisations and education providers as well as consultants, engineers, land-use planners, emergency responders and community volunteer organisations.
The conference will include outstanding Australian and international keynote speakers, plenary and concurrent presentations, a Local Government Councillors’ session, field trips addressing floodplain issues in Gold Coast and the surrounding area, as well as networking events. Optional conference workshops on topical issues held on the Tuesday.
Why You Should Attend
- Be Inspired: Hear motivating talks from exceptional keynote speakers
- Be Connected: Develop links with over 350 leaders, specialists and industry peers in floodplain risk management
- Be Smarter: Learn new skills and strategies from concurrent sessions and hands-on pre-conference workshops
- Be Innovative: Be exposed to emerging and state-of-the-art products on display throughout the trade exhibition
- Be National: Take on a nation-wide perspective by learning from other States and Territories
- Be Social: Make meaningful connections with like-minded industry professionals at networking functions.
Who Should Attend
- Commonwealth, State and Local Government Representatives
- Research Organisations
- Education Providers
- Land-Use Planners
- Emergency Responders
- Community Volunteer Organisations
- Equipment Providers
FMA Conference Testimonials
- Fantastic opportunity to be aware of the latest technologies in ﬂoodplain mitigation and modeling
- Thought provoking papers and ideas
- Learned heaps; great conversations
- Interesting presentations, which showed the full breadth of what is going on in the industry
- Outstanding mix of papers and attendance from a range of organisations and professions
- It provides informative presentations and excellent networking opportunities
- The networking was great, the discussions around presentations were often as informative as the presentations
- Outstanding Conference
- Unparalleled ﬂood learning and networking opportunity in Australia
Expression of Interest
Fill in the expression of interest form to be kept up to date with information on 2018 Floodplain Management Australia National Conference